Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 17th 2010

On Sunday October 17th, we decided to head towards Natural Bridge. I was sure glad I made the choice! First off we intercept 22A on our way toward Roanoke near Shawsville. Here 22A is pictured climbing hard up Christiansburg mountain with a monster stack train.


We next make our way into Roanoke. We hear 202 preparing to head North, so we set up in Troutville to wait.While waiting, I take a quick picture of the Kinsey signals.


After about 30 minutes, 202 grinds North with a pair of C40-9W's doing the honers. 202 was down to 15mph grinding up the hill.







Next we barely beat 202 to a location about 2 miles North from my last location in Troutville.


We shoot 202 one last time in Arcadia. This is my favorite shots of 202.






We next head back to the Christiansburg District. We intercept 16T at Eliston with three NS locomotives.


We photograph 37Q at Shawsville with two old EMD's trailing. The EMD's really sounded good as they pulled the hill.





I get one last shot of 37Q blasting out of Montgomery Tunnel.





We photograph 769 at Christiansburg next.





I finish up this great day of shooting with a pan shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment